Florida State Parks and National Parks
Florida State Parks and Florida National Parks are under-visited in my opinion. Visitors tend to concentrate on the big Orlando attractions and get a skewed picture of Florida (we aren’t all concrete, thrill rides and laser-light shows).
Come on and visit the real Florida. You knew it had to be here somewhere.
OK, there are several different kinds of parks in Florida – national, state, geological, etc. There are all kinds of wildlife preserves, too. And since Florida is a long state, the parks range from moderate climates in the panhandle to sub-tropical (and even tropical) in the southern part of the peninsula.
Florida State Parks and National Parks — A Great Value
The entrance fee is usually around $4-5 per car and many can be all-day destinations with hiking, swimming, fishing and boating.
Bring your own picnic supplies and enjoy a wonderful time in the Florida sunshine. If you want to do something special, like rent a canoe or kayak, there is naturally an extra charge.
But even with a rental or two, your day at one of the parks could cost you less than $60 for the family. (Compare that with what a day at Disney costs!) Oh, and you’ll definitely want to bring you camera or camcorder with you — you’ll want memories of these awesome pieces of Florida.
Here are a few of the unique Florida State Parks and National Parks (in alphabetical order) that you really don’t want to miss!
(I also have a list of State Parks just in the Florida Keys.)
- Bahia Honda State Park
- Biscayne National Park
- Blue Spring State Park (new!)
- Curry Hammock State Park
- Dagney Johnson Key Largo Hammock
- Devil’s Millhopper State Geological Park
- Everglades National Park
- Fanning Springs State Park
- Florida Caverns State Park
- Grayton Beach State Park
- Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park
- Ichetucknee Springs State Park
- Indian Key State Historic Site
- John D. MacArthur Beach State Park
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park
- Jonathan Dickinson State Park
- Long Key State Park
- Lovers Key State Park
- Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge
- Sebastian Inlet State Park
- Wekiwa Springs State Park (updated!)
RV Sales, Rentals, Parts, Service and Repairs – Consignments Welcome!
Call today 1-888-587-3337 or 954-583-3382
Leave a Reply